Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A New Cookie Favorite!

Quick Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last week, we had family in for the weekend. I usually try to have a sweet treat on hand when we have guest. I looked around my pantry and realized I had a box of yellow cake mix, but wasn't really in the cake mood. So, I pulled out one my favorite dessert cookbooks, the "Easy-to-Bake Cookbook."

The "Easy-to Bake Cookbook" is a great go too. The book is filled with recipes for breads, cakes, cookies, brownies and pies. Most of the recipes start with a prepared dough or cake mix. Then, you throw in a few extras and ta-dah a delicious "homemade" knock off.

We made the "Quick Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie." They turned out amazing! So good, that I made a second batch. The cookie was full of flavor and chewy. Plus, how can one go wrong with a combo like peanut butter and chocolate chip. Match made in heaven! Mmmm.

Quick Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients:
-1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake Mix
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-2 eggs
-1cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease cookie sheet.

2. Combine cake mix, peanut butter, butter and eggs in large mixing bowl. Mix at low to medium speed with electric mixer until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to cooling racks.

Makes about 3 dozen.

Hints: -crunchy peanut butter may be substituted for regular.

1 comment:

The Senn Family said...

We will have to try that. Sounds yummy!