Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Heart for Mommy.

Today, Levi asked me for a sheet of paper. I went to the desk and pulled out a clean sheet for him. He happily took it and ran off as he said, "Thank You." I could tell he had something in mind.

I started working on some paper work. In the back ground, I could tell Levi was digging around for a pencil. Once he located it, he got to work. He was drawing something on that piece of paper he asked for moments ago. He was busy at work!

A few minutes passed. Levi came over to me with his paper and pencil in tow. He laid the paper before me. He said, "Can you draw me a heart-a big heart!?" Which I happily said, "Sure, I can!" I started drawing. As I went to hand him the paper, Levi said, "That's for you, Mommy!" Oh, my! Melt-my-heart! As I doted on him, his face light up and he buried his face in my shoulder. We had a good laugh.

It's these little moments that make all the long days of motherhood worth it. A sweet act of kindness. A shared moment. Just what this mommy heart needed today. Encouraged. Blessed. Proud.

No comments: