After being stuffed with pancakes, we headed over to our local Y to enjoy a special little Christmas party they were hosting for the kids of the Y. We did some more crafts, eat some yummy cookies and visited with Santa!
We tried to visit with Santa again. I will say there was a little part of me that was hoping Shelby would overcome her Santafobia, but that wasn’t the case. She’s just not a fan of jolly Ol Saint Nick! Levi walked right over and started chatting away with Santa. I stood, holding Shelby, for a few seconds as we waved at Santa. This she was okay with. As we approached Santa, you could feel the tension building. Then, out of no where, she lets out a high pitch loud scream. You know the kind that leave your ears ringing! She clung to me like a little Kola saying, “nooo, noooo!” So, we stepped away and waved to Santa from a distant while Levi had his picture taking with Santa. This making her very happy.
Sunday, the kids and I drove to down town Newnan to watch the Newnan Christmas Parade! So much fun. It was small and so perfect. Great bands and floats and TONS of candy!! This was Shelby’s first parade. She sat in her stroller taking it all in. She enjoyed all dancers and all the music. Levi liked the BIG trucks that were pulling some of the trailers. We had so much fun. I love doing stuff like this as a family. And, it really does kick off the holiday season!
Shelby waving and sucking on her sucker. Her first sucker!
Here they both are. Don’t let Levi’s face fool you. He was having a good time. He was concerned because I was standing in the road to take the picture.
And what is a Christmas parade without the Jolly man himself, right!? …Santa!!


No comments:
Post a Comment