The kids really got in to decorating the tree this year. I love how Shelby is full of joy when she sees the Christmas tree, or any Christmas tree. She runs to it or points saying, “tismas tree.” She enjoys touching and feeling the ornaments, tree and lights. She is also becoming quit the re-decorate of the tree too. Just today, she took off several of the ornaments at the bottom, pushed them around in her stroller and then re-hung them.
And Levi, he is such a delight. As we hung the ornaments this year, he talked about the ornaments and asked about their meaning. It was fun sharing stories about our travels, his birth, and special people in our lives.
Levi’s has been given the honor of lighting our big tree this year. He threw the switch for us and we all cheered! Shelby even clapped. Levi is the official power on guy this year. We put the lights on a power strip. This way, he can just flip the switch each day. It’s the first thing he does when he gets up in the morning or when we return home from an outing. He’s so good about it too. He takes grate pride in his job.
Here’s our tree. We tucked it in the corner of our den/family room. This way we can all enjoy it. I can even admire the tree and all its twinkle from the kitchen. Plus, this arrangements helped us maximize our seating.
I worked on our mantle for three days, partly because I had several ideas rolling around in my head. I just kept working with it, evolving into this, our final look. What do you think!? I love how simple and clean it looks.
Everything you see is from around the house or the yard. Thank you Mother Nature. The only item that I purchased was the Joy to the World picture frame. I found it at Hobby Lobby for 50% off several weeks ago. It’s perfect for holding last year picture of the kids with Santa.
The little cluster of trees are from the snow village I have but did not put up this year. I found them several years ago at Wal-Mart. In November, the kids and I found three large pinecones at the park. I stuffed them into our fruit bowl. Then, the other day, while playing out front, a squirrel jumped from the magnolia tree and a little branch of leaves came spiraling down. Perfect! This provided the little touch of green needed and support for the pinecones.
The printable I found through Pinterest. (Love Pinterest. If you need an invite let me know!) It’s a free printable. It captured the colors and the message of Christmas I was after. I removed our family picture from the frame. Then, I laid two sheets of scrapbook paper down and centered the Christmas message on it. I love how it turned out, too.
At the entrance way, I placed our two little trees and the nativity set. The nativity is on the bookcase as you head upstairs. And as of right now, the metal art hanging on the way is displaying all the festive Christmas cards. It was a spontaneous move. For now, its working.
I still have a few things to work on—our stockings for one. This is our first Christmas in this house, in Georgia. I’ve enjoyed exploring ways to decorate for the holidays—feels so warm, inviting and special.


No comments:
Post a Comment