Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Another First…


Location: reading corner in the basement
Date: 8/21/2011
Time: 16:32
Reason: “It was just tooooo long!”

Exhibit A
DSC09370

Exhibit B
thehair

Exhibit C (in all his cuteness!)
ownhaircut1
Even though this inevitable event took place last night, I did not realize it until this morning as I was combing Levi’s hair for school. At first, I thought I was just seeing things, that this couldn’t be…Once I had rectified all the bed head mess, I realize my eyes were not playing tricks on me. My little, cute, smart boy became creative and curious with his scissors.

I knew exactly when it happened. Last night while I was cooking dinner, Levi was in the basement at the art table. He’d been very interested in his scissors all day. I helped get him going at the art table. Then, I left him to cutting and gluing paper while I prepared dinner. Nothing unusual. We’ve done this many times before.

When asking Levi if he cut his hair in the basement last night, he looked at me with this little smirkish grin face, his matter-of-fact stance and he gestured with his hands as he stated “ it was just tooooo long!”.

Today, after school, we went on a “hair hunt”. He cut a chunk of hair and I had yet to find it laying around. I asked Levi to show me where he left all the hair. He lead me straight to the basement and over to the pillow corner (which is in not in the same room as the craft table) where he reads and plays his games. And there was all the evidence…a pile of hair on the floor, his favorite pair of green scissors on the pillow.
DSC09351
DSC09354
Before school, I trimmed the remaining front part of his hair, however, its still pretty obvious that hair is missing. We had a good laugh and then a good chat about scissor etiquette. Love this guy and all of who he is!
Here’s to memories! Cheers!

No comments: