I enjoy nothing more than watching my children play. I love the smiles, the laughter, the joy that comes over them as they explore and play. This week, not by any plan, they’ve had a few opportunities to do things they normally don’t get to do. Nothing over the top, but just simple moments that lead to hours of fun! Those are my favorite kind of moments…the spontaneous ones!
We unpacked a few more boxes and re-assembled all our dinning room chairs. All the pieces were wrapped in old newsprint. The kids and I stuffed the trash bag full as we unwrapped all 50+ pieces. And then set it aside for trash. Part of me was curious as too how long it would be before either one of them would get into it. Well, it was just minutes later, Levi carried the bag to the hall and DUMPED it out! The curiosity got the best of them and they spent the next hour playing in all the new paper. They piled the paper, threw the paper, jumped in the paper, buried each other in that paper…laid in the paper. So much fun. I loved loved loved hearing them laugh. Here’s a little video too.
We received a great little gift from Grammie and Poppi Ross a few weeks ago—An art easel. I dug out the dry ease markers and chalk (they were still in a box!) and the excitement began. Levi LOVES it!…And Shelby has even eaten experimented with the chalk. Levi has been “practicing his letters”…those are his words and drawing rockets! Can’t wait to set it up with paints.
Lastly, I had planned to spend the afternoon of the 4th of July out in the yard. Pools, watermelon, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, but we were rained out by the afternoon thunderstorms. I wasn’t sure what we were going to do, but as I was pulling fruit out of the fridge for snack time, there it was…COOL WHIP! It was on sale this week, and I had bought some for our strawberry shortcake desserts we had a few nights ago. The tub was pretty full. So, after snack time, we cleared off our trays and had a cool whip party!!
They both were a little hesitant at the start. They poked at it with their tiny fingers several times. After some encouraging (basically letting them know it was OKAY to play in!),they both went for it. Levi really enjoyed playing and drawing in the cool whip. Shelby, well, she ate most of hers and then wanted her hands CLEAN! We'll be doing this again. It’s a great sensory activity! Plus, it’s messy and fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment