Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Our House

This week marked a month since we moved from Houston, Texas to Newnan, Georgia. I can not believe its already been a month. I’d loved to say, every box is unpacked, every room is finished and every last picture is on the wall! Wouldn’t that be awesome! But lets keep it real! Hi, I’m a stay-at-home mom of two very busy toddlers and a wife of a commercial pilot. So, our lives look a little different along with busy.

I am proud to say that we’re functioning quit well. Yes, there are boxes beckon us. There are books waiting to be shelved and pictures to be placed. But, all in all, we are feeling more settled by the day, and loving our new house and town.

The little city we live in is called Newnan, which is about 30 miles  southwest of Atlanta (just off I-85). Newnan is home to about newnan-georgia35,000. We live about 7 minutes outside the city limits. There’s a very country, open land feel as you drive out to our place. There are small farms, houses on acers of land, and lakes. Neighborhoods are present, just tucked away as you drive out. That’s where we are--nestled in a nice little neighborhood, over some rolling hills, hay fields and horse pastures. Our street is a cul-de-sac street, making it quiet and peaceful. We’ve had a chance to meet a few of our neighbors, all of which have been so kind and welcoming.

Our house is a two story house with a basement. All 3 bedrooms are upstairs, while the basement is a play space for the kids, our office space and utility/storage.I would share pictures of the inside, but that will come later. I really want to get things more finished before doing so.  

We were a little concerned about adding stairs into our lives, especially with two kids. Levi loves the stairs and spent the first two days in our new home making multiple trips to the basement and back. He thinks the basement is very cool. Shelby is a great climber. She has mastered climbing the stairs well, but coming down is another story. We’re trying to teach her how to come down them, but she’s just not ready yet. She tries to walk down them, but it quickly turns into her losing her balancing. We keep an eye on her, because she is fast and loves to climb. For the staircase that leads to the second floor, we placed a gate at the bottom of the stairs. The stairs that lead to the basement are closed off by the door, making it safe.

Here’s a picture of the front of the house. Its very well landscaped. There are several plant beds and we’re learning more about yard maintenance and how to care for all that has been given to us. I think its a beautiful front yard.

IMG_2214

Here’s a look at the back. The back yard is awesome. It’s fenced in. There are groups of trees, which provide shade and a great place to play. But I will say, my favorite things is the amazing deck off the back of the house. I love it! We’ve been enjoying breakfast on the deck, listening to nature, and watching the summer storms blow in. It’s my favorite place to be while enjoy my morning cup of joe! Plus, it’s all gated--making for a great play place for the kids. Love it!

IMG_2213

5

We have a good size driveway. The kids love playing and riding their bikes/toys up and down the drive.DSC08786

All in all, we are feeling more at home. As the summer progresses, we hope to keep unpacking and putting our personal touches on our little rental. I’ll post more pictures as we go along. Stay tuned.

No comments: