Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Swim Time

We haven’t made it to the pool as often as I’d hoped this summer. It’s been a very rainy July for us. However, on Wednesday we were able to jump in. The kids woke from their naps. The sunshine was peaking out just enough. We put on our suits, grabbed our floats and towels and headed for the pool. I’m so glad we went when we did. After a 45 minutes swim we started to load up to come home, just as we did the thunder started. The lifeguard cleared the pool and the storm rolled in.

This was Shelby’s first dip in the pool.

Looking all cute in her little swimsuit!!DSC08216

She is so laid back. She enjoyed swimming around and floating in her little float.

DSC08220

DSC08217

DSC08229

And Levi. I must brag on him. He was swimming. I mean swimming…under the water, kicking and moving forward. We’re SO SO PROUD of him. Last summer I couldn’t keep him out of the water. He LOVED it. This summer he’s been a little more apprehensive or cautious. With a little encouragement, he’s done great. But this pool trip he was a totally different kid. He was jumping in the pool (the big pool), letting daddy catch him and kicking his legs. In the kiddie pool he would put his face in and go under. Even tried to dive for some penny’s that some else had left. Then the next thing we know he’s swimming!! So awesome. I hope to go several more times to keep building on the experience. Next summer, we’ll try to get him into some swim lessons. DSC08227

DSC08228

He was so proud of himself. We cheered and shouted “You’re swimming!” Everyone at the pool must of thought we were crazy…but my boy was Swimming and we were CELEBRATING!! DSC08225

Don’t know why this picture ended up so washed out (my flash was off), but its the only I have of them together from our family pool trip.

DSC08234

No comments: