Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

37 Weeks: Rounding the corner, heading down the home stretch.

Here’s this weeks belly picture. In the past week, while I’ve been out and about,I’ve had several people comment on my belly. I’ve even caught a few people pointing and staring (most of which were adults!) I mean really, have you not seen a pregnant lady before.Yes, I look like I’m growing a basketball straight out, but this is to be expected.  It’s not so much the comments that bother me, although its made for some awkward moments. I’ve been more taken back/surprised/shocked at peoples behaviors (maybe we should think before we speak kind of thing). Thankfully, I haven’t had any strangers rub my belly this time…

DSC07388

Let’s get to what really matters…I thought it would be fun to answer some of your questions about this pregnancy. Thanks so much for the questions. This works perfect, because I haven’t really discussed my thoughts on any of these topics.  Let’s get started…

Q: What's the biggest difference(s) between your pregnancy with Levi and with Shelby?

A: This pregnancy has been very different from my first pregnancy. There are many things I could talk about, but there are a few things that really stick out to me. I would say I’ve felt a lot more emotional this go around, especially during the first 15 weeks. I consider myself to be a pretty stable person, but I experienced highs and lows like never before. Not really knowing how to cope/respond was hard for me. Thankfully, all that didn't last too long.

Secondly, I would say the fatigue and tiredness I experienced the first trimester was a lot more intense than what I remembered. Maybe this is due to the fact that Levi is a very busy boy. An active toddler, raging hormones, coupled with the emotional roller coaster I was experiencing made for one great Becca. Haa, I just didn't feel like myself and that was really hard for me…especially when you feel like you have no control over any of it.Thankfully, the second trimester started and the cloudy, foggy skies parted and I began to feel more myself. My energy picked up. I found myself in a healthier emotional state. Life was good. Praise God! I could not have made it through without the support, understanding and encouragement of my fabulous husband. He was a rock star.

Finally, I would say, Shelby has been a lot more active here at the end than Levi. It seems that she is constantly moving and grooving. I thought Levi was active, but Shelby continues to show me different as she twirls and kicks and punches me at all hours.

Q: What are you looking forward to the most about raising a girl?

A: I look forward to developing and nurturing that special bond between a mother and daughter. My hopes are that we can develop an open, deep and trustworthy relationship that will be lasting. I’m also excited, but very humbled, by the opportunity to raise a woman of noble character, confidence and wisdom. I pray that she will know the Lord at an young age and grow up a woman full of faith, courage and compassion. I’m honored to think that I’ve been chosen to play a role in all of this--to invest in my daughter, to be an example to her as a mother, a wife and a woman.

Q: What food cravings and/or aversions have you had?

A: Favorite foods: PB&J sandwiches, yogurt, cereal, guacamole, sweet tea, mexican food and anything sweet. I’ve had a huge sweet tooth this time around.

Aversions: grilled chicken, eggs, and anything with the smell/taste of vanilla 

For our family outing this week we took our little monkey to the Zoo. It was a beautiful, cool sunny day. The zoo wasn’t crowded and we had a very relaxing time there. We tried to get a picture of me and my little monkey, but he’s a wiggle worm. This was the best we can do.

DSC07391

No comments: