Here we are at week 36! I’m now visiting with my OB weekly. Little Shelby is very active. In fact, so active that at my Dr’s appointment this week the nurse had trouble getting a solid heart beat on her. She was a little squirm worm! She even poked back a few times as the nurse moved the heart rate monitor wand around to find her heart beat. After a few minutes of playing, we heard a strong heart beat of 155bpm.
Last week I was provided several opportunities to get-a-way by myself. It was so needed and very refreshing. If you know me, then you know that I’m refueled by alone time…a time that isn’t demanding or planned out or full of chaos. I cherish these moments. I try to get them when I can, but its challenging and something I really have to set boundaries with and make happen. Well, this past weekend I made the most of my 2 opportunities to escape. I unplugged (no cell phone, texting or internet) and went for it. I had an awesome manicure/pedicure. I ate lunch outside in the cool sunny weather while reading a book. I loved the quietness of it all!. Just to be able to sit and think without being interrupted very freeing and relaxing. I loved every moment of it!!
When our computer crashed in December I lost a handful of pictures. One of which was the belly shots I took similar to these back around week 24. I still like those better, but tried to recapture my ever so growing belly.
For next week's baby update, I want to involve you. I want to do a question/answer type format about this pregnancy. I think it will be fun to reflect on favorite moments, likes/dislikes and thoughts through this process. So, if you have a question or two, send them my way. You can email me or just post them in the comment area. We’ll see what we can get going for next week.


2 comments:
love the belly pictures! question: what's the biggest difference(s) between your pregnancy with levi and with shelby?
What are you looking forward to the most about raising a girl?
Post a Comment