Tomorrow marks 38 weeks. I can’t believe we are 1 week away from meeting little Shelby. At this time, we are scheduled for a c-section on Wed. March 3rd. As we approach Shelby’s birth, I can’t help but think about Levi’s birth. The whole experience was so surreal and life changing. Thankfully, it’s still very fresh in my mind (hope it stays that way to for many more years!)
After almost 24 hours of labor with Levi and very little progression, he was delivered via c-section. Our little bundle of love was finally here!! I’m flooded with so many memories and emotions when I think about his birth. I’m very thankful for all the support I had during labor, for all the peace we experienced and for a healthy and joyous outcome—our son! I can honestly say I have no regrets or disappointments with my labor experience at all. Yes, there were difficult times, but the experience was amazing!! I think what helped me so much last time was the fact that I went into the whole experience with little expectations. (Don’t get me wrong, I had an idea of how I wanted things to play out --a rough birthing plan. I think its important to think through the birthing process before it happens so we’re
prepared to make decisions when faced with them. However, I knew flexibility was the key here). For starters, I didn't really know what to expect and I think that in and of itself was a blessing. Secondly, I understood and embraced the fact we have little to no control over timing or how the body is going to respond to labor. Keeping with those two things, I felt I was more prepared (especially emotionally) and ready for whatever happened. All in all, my labor/delivery experience with Levi was just perfect. After all, he made me a mom!
Just as we’re counting down the days to meet our little daughter I can’t help but think these are our last few days/moments with just Levi. I’ll be honest and say that I’ve been a little sad or maybe just more nostalgic thinking that it will no longer be just the three of us. Levi is such a gift , a source of joy in our lives and we feel so richly blessed by his life.
As we approach Shelby’s birth, I find myself experiencing so much peace and joy. As each day passes, we get more and more excited about meeting our little girl. The anticipation, the joy is overwhelming. I would even say I’ve even felt a bit giddy at times. The miracle of life, the blessing of a child is so moving! In all the anticipation and thrill, we find ourselves asking many questions…What will she look like? Will she have hair? Will she have blue eyes? How big will she be? What will her personality be like? Oh the surprise of it all makes me want to jump up and down. If you can’t tell, we can’t wait to meet her-- to bond with her, to embrace her, to love her. She is already a huge part of us, of our family! Wednesday (march 3rd) can’t get here fast enough!
Pictures above: Levi is 1 day old.


No comments:
Post a Comment