We had some good friends over for dinner last night. Great time grilling and catching up. They brought me some beautiful Daisies! I love daisies. Next to Sunflowers, they are my favorite (not much of a rose girl). Sunflowers and Daisy remind me of the outdoors, the mountains, wilderness, mountain air...all refreshing, simply and beautiful.

We've really enjoyed watching Levi play lately. He's imagination and creativity are really taking off. Here he is pushing his "train" around the house. "choo-choo" he says!

"Buck-et"-- Levi has totted his bucket around all week. Its great for transporting cars and trucks. Its a mixing bowl for cooking. Yesterday the bucket even become a "ha-T".

For the Big Event of the Day....
Today, while Levi and I where sitting on the floor chatting and playing he decided to launch his water bottle. Sadly enough, I was in the line of fire. The boy had put some muscle into it and

unfortunately it hit me right on the eyebrow bone. I covered my face and turned away, both in surprise and pain. When I pulled my hands away, what I'd feared...blood. I was surprised at the gash I'd received from the water bottle. I stopped the bleeding, which didn't take much. Ryan gave me a look over. We debated stitches or not. After icing for a while, we through a butterfly would help (hot I know!)...Too bad that don't make butterflies more flesh toned. So all in all I'm doing well and sporting a new look!
Ryan witnessed all of this. I asked him what Levi's response was when he realized I was hurt. He said Levi was very concerned. Levi and Daddy had a little chat while I was applying pressure. Levi came and hugged me. He was still concerned, so he sat with me as I iced. We talked about what

happened and I reassured him I was okay. Throughout the day, he would pointed to my eye and say "eye" and then touched his eye. So, we've had several more discussions about what happened today and the importance of not throwing(which has been an on going discussion in our house for a while now).
1 comment:
Ryan has never been more proud of his boy's arm. He's already thinking big leagues.
Post a Comment