
Last April we purchased a year membership to the
Cameron Park Zoo in Waco, which I found to be very valuable. Its been well worth it and then some!! When we lived in Waco I could just pop into the zoo anytime. We went once a week all spring and early fall. I really do miss those days of just being able to "pop" in to the Zoo. We currently live 45mins-1 hour from the Houston Zoo, so our "popping" in days are over.
Well, another great reason I think this pass is a great deal is the discounts or free admissions you can get at other zoos and aquarium in the U.S. For example, our pass allows us into the Houston Zoo for Free.
Yesterday marked our first visit to the
Houston Zoo. It was a perfect day outside...sunny, lower 70's with little humidity (which is rare for Houston). The zoo was great! Great exhibits, clean, big, but not too big, shady spots and good parking. However, yesterday must of have been "field trip" day for all the schools. It was CRAZY. No lie, I counted 28 schools bus in our parking lot

alone. There were so many school groups visiting that it was a bit overwhelming for all of us. I tried not to plow kids over with the stroller, but that was challenging as they would dart in front of me. Levi had a very difficult time looking at animals because of all the kids running around. He seem to enjoy himself as he watched all the little kids run, hop, yell and be all excited. None the less, it was a fun family trip. We enjoyed doing something new, our picnic lunch in the shade and just a laid back day with no agenda.
Here are some pictures, but not many of animals....we had trouble 'getting' close.




We weren't even in the car 10 minutes and he was out---o-u-t!
1 comment:
I agree! We can get into the Tampa zoo (where admission is like, $18) and our local aquarium, where admission is also $18! Love it!
Post a Comment