Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Homemade Jalapeño Ranch Dip

One of my favorite Texas restaurants is Chuy's. Thankfully, they can be found outside Texas too--Atlanta & Birmingham just to name a couple locations.

One of my favorite items at Chuy's is the jalapeño ranch dip. It's a creamy dip with a nice spicy kick to it. Its great on any of their salads or to pour over their Chuychanga (chimichanga). And, I warn you, it's  totally addicting!

Well, I been given a few jalapeño ranch dip recipes, but the one I share today is my favorite, not to mention the healthiest of all the recipes. It's simple and packed with flavor. Honestly, its just as addicting as the real deal.

Ingredients:
-8 oz lite cream cheese (room temp)
-16 oz lite sour cream
-1 package of dry Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Salad Dressing Mix. (buttermilk is the best)
-1 6oz can of jalapeño (and some of the juice)
-1/2 bunch of cilantro

Directions: 
Throw all ingredients into the blender. Blend for a couple minutes until well mixed. Depending on the consistency you prefer, you can add more or less of the jalapenos juice to your liking. I use some of the juice, but not all of it. It's best after it sits for 12 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: