As we talked about his up coming birthday and what he wanted to do it was obvious what was important to Levi. The first was CAKE! There must be cake! We kept reassuring him that there would be cake. I mean, what is a birthday without cake, right!
There other hot item that always came up in our conversations was…Spider-man! Yep, Spider-man! Some how, Spider-man has leapt onto Levi’s list of favorite things. It’s all he talks about…well, other than trucks, soccer and robots. He has never seen a Spider-man movie or comic book, but that doesn't really matter. Levi thinks Spider-man is “so cool!” So, with that said, a birthday theme was spun---Spider-man!
We had a lot of fun celebrating this year. We’ve loved watching him experience his birthday at new levels. We enjoyed having family here to celebrate our little superhero too. Grammie and Poppi came in from Texas. My sister was able to come too for the festivities. (I love having her so close now 3 hours away.)
We geared up for the birthday celebration by taking Levi to his favorite lunch place—Chick-fil-A. Every Spidy needs more chicken!
After nap time, Levi woke up ready to party! He jumped out of bed and asked for CAKE! So cake it was.
He was so proud of the cake. Plus, he loved us singing to him too!
Aunt Vicki and the birthday boy!
Grammie and Poppi with the birthday boy!
Shelby wanted to get in on the Spider-man action! She really likes wearing Levi’s shirts these days.
Following our sweet fix, it was present time. Levi enjoyed opening his gifts and was really excited about all of them. He’s reactions were sincere and comical. Shelby was right there for every moment of it. She enjoyed playing in the paper and seeing what was inside the boxes.
See, I was there too. Here I am reading all the cards to Levi. As they arrived in the mail, Levi put them in a special place until it was time to open them on his birthday. He enjoyed the cards, especially the ones that play music
.
I was on my to the party store to pick up the items we needed for our Spider-man theme party and I thought how cool would it be if I could find a Spider-man outfit. At the time it didn't even dawn on me that the Party Store might have it. Well, I was finishing my shopping and rounded the corner near the back of the store and it caught my eye…The Halloween/Costume section. It was very bare--just in he beginning stages.There were boxes stacked every where and one little employee buried in the mix. I asked if he had come across anything Spider-man yet. Then, he pointed to the top row—A Spider-man costume! Exactly what I had envisioned! The perfect size and everything! I was so excited. I could not wait for him to see it.
We wrapped it up and gave it to him as a gift. At first he didn't know what to make of it, but once i pulled it out of the bag he was grinning from ear to ear. After he opened all his gifts, he came back to the Spider-man costume and asked me to help him put it on. And as soon as the mask was on he transformed. Levi was spinning, crawling, kicking…where did all these spidy moves come from? He had us laughing so hard. He spent the rest of the day in the outfit--even wore it to pick up birthday pizza.
Playing with on of his favorite birthday toys. In Levi’s own words, “its so cool!”


1 comment:
So fun! Glad Spiderman had such a great birthday and that ya'll were able to share the day with so many special people. The years are flying by, aren't they?!!
Post a Comment