Well, On August 17, 1999, I left everything I knew and moved to Waco, Texas! Why Waco? To attend Baylor University,where I studied Health and Fitness Education.
In August 1999, I loaded everything of importance into my car and my dad’s
There’s so much I could share, so much…but that would make this post to to long and its not really the point, so that will have to wait for another day. I'll just say this, Waco ended up being a place I lived for almost 10 years. School rocked, encountered Jesus in an amazing impacting way, experienced true community and friendships that forever changed me, graduated school, discovered so much about myself, taught inner-city kids, found the best coffee joint ever, worked with a non-profit social work agency, met my amazing husband, married, had a baby
In January of 2009, we loaded a truck with all our things and move our little family of three to Houston. Ryan had been commuting from Waco to Houston as a pilot for ExpressJet Inc. Although that worked for a couple years, it became too much. We’ve been in Houston now for two and half years.
As most of you know, Ryan took a job with Air Tran in December ( Your can read that story here).
Early on, we felt like a move was in the works. As training wrapped up, we really started to since that our next step would be relocate to Atlanta. We both felt that this process would happen quickly and that has been so true. Ryan looked at rental houses last week and we found one. We’ll be moving to Newnan, Georgia in three short weeks!
After almost 12 years in Texas, I will be departing. I never thought I’d be here that long when I arrived in 1999. Honestly, now I’m having trouble picturing myself not living in Texas. Texas is Ryan’s
If you think about us, please pray for us as we move through this transition. We’ll keep you posted along the way and let you know when we’ve arrived, in our new home state of Georgia.


No comments:
Post a Comment