Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Your Birthday…

I knew you were awake this morning because of the singing and playful noises coming from your room.

Levi and I greeted you with Birthday Cheers as we entered your room. You were beaming!
DSC09797
Levi played peek-a-boo with you through the crib rails. You chased him from side to side just laughing.

You ate oatmeal and bananas for breakfast. You were in a playful mood.
HPIM4167
As I got ready this morning, you sat at my feet and brushed your hair.

You wore your beautiful butterfly dress.
DSC09836
You and Levi played your morning game of tickle. You laid on the floor belly laughing and squealing.

We took Levi to school.

You and I met Daddy at Panera Bread for a breakfast treat.
DSC09810
We shared a huge yummy cinnamon roll. You gobbled it up!
DSC09803
You and I went shopping afterwards. You sang and played as we strolled through the stores in the mall.

Shopping wore you out. You quickly fell asleep in the car on the way home
DSC09814
We played a little before lunch. You were very happy and content doing your own thing.
DSC09831
After lunch was nap time. I tried to rock you for a bit, but you squirmed like a fish.

When you woke from your 2.5 hour nap, I put you in your pink ruffle bottoms to take some pictures.
DSC09865
We had three freshly baked mini-blueberry muffins for a snack.
DSC09845-1
You played with your ball in the kitchen as Levi made worms with play-doh.
DSC09890
You started to get tired and unsettled, so we moved outside. We went for a walk. The quit time and fresh air seemed to relax you.
DSC09895
We had dinner at Chick-Fil-A. You ate a few fries, four chicken nuggets and a jar of baby carrots.

You grabbed my straw from my drink. This made you happy.
DSC09909
You became quit tired.

After dinner, we took a quick walk to the park to swing. The evening was just too perfect.

You fussed and gripped my shirt very tightly as I placed you in the bucket swing.

I took you out and held you. We watched Levi slide a few times and then returned home.

DSC09805
You took a bath, which gave you a second wind.

You play by yourself at Levi’s train table. We were near by watching, but you were so very content and happy just being alone--Singing, talking, standing on your tip toes, playing with the cars and farm animals.

You crawled over to Daddy and buried your head in his chest.

After good night hugs and kisses from Daddy and Levi, I took you to your room to rock you. I read a quick story, we sang Jesus, loves Me.

I laid you down in your crib. You snuggled your blanket, rubbed your eye while smiling at me.

I rubbed your belly as I prayed for you and said good night. 

I looked at your one last time as I shut the door, you sat up and smiled as turned out the light—Nite nite sweet girl.

What a special and fun day we had celebrating you!  You are such a delight.



{This creative idea is not my own, but that of my friend, Hope, over at I love laundry. I thought it was a great way to document a milestone—so I borrowed her idea.}

1 comment:

Jaime said...

It looks like shelby had a wonderful first birthday! And what a great way to document and remember her birthday!