Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School Days!

Today was Levi’s 1st full day back at school. He did go last Thursday for a few hours, but today was a full day (9-1). This will be our 3rd year of school at the Methodist Church. We love it there. Levi loves it there. Instead of attending Monday and Wednesday this year, he will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The reason for the change was if you did Monday HPIM3630and Wednesday you had to add Friday. For now, 2 days a week is perfect for us.

Levi has a wonderful teacher this year. She has so many great ideas. Plus, she’s gentle, organized (one of my favorite) and caring. I think he is really going to enjoy himself and learn a lot! Levi will be going to music on Tuesdays and movement on Thursdays. Since he’s now 3, he’ll get to attend chapel on Thursdays.

Levi has been looking forward to school for the past month. As August came to an end, almost every day he asked me if he could go to school. As we got closer to school starting the excitement was building.

As I took him to school, he did get a little nervous…he gets grumpy when he gets nervous or unsure of something. I just tired to keep things light and fun and talk about all the fun he was getting ready to have. To be honest, I was a little nervous myself because there wasn’t 1 kid in his class from the last 2 years. And even his best little buddy Thomas was in a different room. Each time I have to explain that Thomas in is in different room it makes my heart sink. I also share that there are new friends to be made, but still makes it hard. Just a life lesson…

Thankfully, Levi’s nerves didn’t stop him. As we pulled up he got schoolexcited. As we started up the school sidewalk he started walking ahead of me. He couldn’t get there fast enough. He went right in to his room. He said hello to his teacher and started playing. So proud of him. He grabbed some cars and was right at home. We said our good byes and that was that.

When I returned to pick him up I could hear him talking as I stood outside the classroom. He was just talking up a storm and laughing. He was all smiles when I peeked my head in. Then, I was tackled with a Levi hug. So great! He shared all about his day as we drove home. I even caught him singing! Not sure what he was singing, but he was singing.

So, here’s to another school year!

Just for fun! This was Levi a year ago! oh my, so stink’n cute. I can’t believe how much he has changed and grown! He's so little in this picture. And that blond hair. I kind of miss it. Its still a shade of blond, just not so light.

schoolday

No comments: