Oh my goodness…I just LOVE this little face. She is such a joy. She melts my heart. She makes me smile. She makes me laugh. She makes me proud and humbled all at the same time because I’m her Mommy. I know I say this every month, but I can’t believe she is already 6 months. Besides, infancy (the first month), I’d say this is one of my favorite stages/age. Its one of my favorite because they’re learning so much so fast, they’re so expressive and social, plus there little personalities begin to blossom. Sweet times.
Shelby has had a very busy month. Here are some of the milestones she has conquered.
-Rolling front to back and back to front
-No more pacifier. She gave this up on her own towards the end of 4 months. At times we’ve tried to give it to her, but she just launches it back at you. Thankful that was easy.
-Sitting up. We have to sit her up, but she stays once she’s placed there. I just make sure she has a good base and she does the rest. I’ve been really impressed with how fast she has gained trunk control.
-Sleeping through the night. On average she sleeps 12-13 hours a night. Straight through! Glorious! She’s asleep by 7pm on most nights and I don’t hear a peep until morning.
-Bath time is one of her favorite. Last night she even cried when I took her out. She loves patting the water and kicking around.
-Sleeping on her stomach with her knees pulled up under her. Its so sweet. I lay her down on her back, give her the blanket. She cuddles it close to her face, rolls over and pulls her knees up under her. Pure sweetness!
-Holding her own bottle. Eating 6-8oz a feeding. Plus fruits, veggies and cereal 3x a day. She is very serious about her food. She starts fussing when she sees the bottle or if I’m not giving her food fast enough. Once her belly is full she is very playful. She kicks her little legs while gurgling, babbling and singing.
-Army crawling. Two weeks ago, she began to army crawl. She pulls with her arms and kicks her little legs like she is swimming to get to the toy or place she has her eyes one. She loves her new found freedom. I love watching her play and move around. She has gotten up on her knees a few times, but isn’t too sure what to do from there. She just looks around and then goes back to army crawling. I think its just a matter of time before she is off and crawling! Levi is going to love this!
-Squeals and Screams. Shelby has made more discoveries with her voice. Besides babbling and gurgling noises she loves squealing or screaming in delight. Especially when she see’s her daddy. She waves her arms, lights up, smiles and screams out of per exciting of seeing him. Shelby and Levi also play a little screaming game. She screams, he screams, they both laugh and keep feeding off each other. She loves playing with her brother!
Shelby is such a happy baby. I love that she wakes up so so happy. In the morning I hear her squealing and screaming as she plays in her bed.
I also enjoy watching her and Levi play together. They both are so free and at their happiest when they’re together. She watches everything he does and loves to squeal/scream when he is around. They enjoy cuddling together too.
I like that Shelby is an explorer. Levi seem to be more of an observer. Shelby is more hands on at this point. She is big on touching everything. I think this is part of the reason she has started moving…the curiosity. She gets so excited as she crawl over to an object or piece of furniture to pat it and rub her hand across it. If she can pick it up, she plays with it and then puts it in her mouth. She is a busy, but very happy little girl.
6 months Stats:
17lbs 8oz (67 percentile)
27.5 inches long (96 percentile)


1 comment:
Great pictures becca! I especially love the first two. if you haven't gotten a picture of how she sleeps, you should take one. 1. because i think it's adorable and i want to see a picture and 2. because you'll want a picture of her like that later. have you taken her to get her 6 month pictures yet?
Post a Comment