Levi has been very content riding in the buggies (shopping carts) while out shopping. He enjoys driving the shopping cart with the car front, or even better, the chart that looks like a race car. For the most part, he’s happy and content the whole shopping trip. However, I knew it just a matter of time before this sweet little phase would end…and that time has arrived. He is almost 3.
As we began to prepare for Shelby’s arrival we began to train Levi how to walk beside the cart as I shopped or to walk with us in a store without a cart. Both of which were overwhelming for him. After one trip to the store I came home and told Ryan that I need a handle/leash that attaches to the cart/stroller/me that Levi could hold on to. I thought this might provide him with the boundaries he needed, plus let him experience some freedom—a good balance.
The next day I was reading one of the hundred of parent magazines that end up at our house (how, I do not know…). As I was flipping through the pages, I saw and an ad for Gripsterz. I was excited. EXACTLY what I was looking for. I read the info on their website and then zipped on over to Amazon.com and place my little order. I could not wait for my Gripsterz to arrive!
The Gripsterz kit includes: one irresistible Grippy monkey ring with attaching clip, two vine straps (1 ft & 2 ft) with an attaching clip, an adult handle, a convenient storage bag and a Grippy book for kids.
I keep the kit in my car so I’m prepared when we’re out. We’ve been able to use it a few times now and its been PEREFECT!! We do have 2 rules. 1- Levi has to hold onto Grippy Monkey. If he doe not straight into the cart he goes. 2-We have implemented the One finger touch rule. He can touch something with 1 finger. This is to help with all the curiosity, but eliminates grabbing everything off the shelf. So far He’s done GREAT with both rules.
The Grippy Monkey is the perfect alternative to a child leash or harness. It gives Levi the freedom to explore, but not too far. It really has provided a “base” for him too. I also love the versatility of so many different configurations. I’m currently using the 1 foot strap. I just clip it to the shopping cart and off we go. Not only does Grippy attach to the shopping cart, its can attach to our stroller, backpack, handbag or belt loop.
There is a little learning curve with using Grippy. I do have to let Levi know when I’m turning, so I don’t run him over. Or if he’s engrossed in something, I have to encourage him to keep moving or not pull against the cart. Lastly, I have to be more aware of him being outside the cart and not get so caught up in reading my coupons and products. A little training for us both! :-) Oh, and you have to REMEMBER to unhook it and take it with you when you leave. Since we’ve worked out these little kinks we’ve been able to shop with ease.
Bottom Line. Excellent product. Very happy with the versatility of it. Love that its kid friendly. And finally…its been worth every penny!! If you have a toddler or trying to keep up with multiply kids. This would be a great product for you.


1 comment:
Is it tied around his wrist or does he just hold on to it? That is pretty neat.
Post a Comment