Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

4 Months!

Wow! Time is flying by. I can’t believe Shelby-Girl is already 4 HPIM3235 months old. I feel like time is slipping by even quicker the 2nd time around. Maybe its because we’re busy loving and investing in 2 lives instead of just 1.
Shelby has been one busy little girl this past month. This past week has been full of new discoveries. One Tuesday, Shelby spent the day rolling over—back to front. She kicks her feet DSC08098up in the air, throwing her hips to her left and everything else follows. Once on her tummy, she’s all smiles and enjoys looking around.
However, on Wednesday, Shelby was fascinated by her FEET and since has spent very little time rolling over. As soon as you layer her down her legs spring into the air and she grabs he feet. She’s very happy about it too.
ShelbyKat also HPIM3302realized that her hands are useful for grasping. She bats and eventually, pulls down the little toys that dangle from her bouncer seat. She loves to grab her blanket (or anything else that is soft), which she pulls it to her face to snuggle with.
Speaking of snuggling. Shelby loves to cuddle. We have moved on from the woombie—which she LOVED! I decided to transition her into a sleep blanket, hoping that she would still feel all cozy and secure. Plus, I can sleep with ease knowing that she hasn’t kicked her blanket off and is freezing. I must say, she’s done quit well with this transition. Like I said before, she really enjoys her blanket. I lay it down beside her and she just turns right to it—makes her happy! She pulls the blanket right next to her face and snuggle down for a nap. She’s just too cute…HPIM3237Nap time is going great. Our days consist of 3 naps—a 45 minute nap around 930, a 2 to 3 hour nap around 12:30 and wrapping up our day with a 30 to 45 minute nap around 4:30. Sleeping at night is a different ball game. We are sleep training to help her stretch her hours at night. Currently, she wakes up every 4 hours on the dot! Our goal in sleep training is to help unstick her little clock. This should improve her quality of sleep as well as her parents. :-)
HPIM3240
We hit a road bump in the feeding area. At 3 months she decided to boycott breastfeeding. I tried EVERYTHING to end this little standoff, but little girl desired the bottle. I’ve been pumping 5 to 6 times a day for the last month, plus taking an herbal supplement, fenugreek, to keep my milk supple alive. I’ve had to do some supplementing, but I'm very thankful that she’s still interested in the breast milk (so is our budget!!). I’m not sure how much longer I can keep pumping, but I’m thankful I was able to make it 4 months with breastfeeding. HPIM3233
Shelby loves playing with her brother. Levi is such a ham! He enjoys making all his little noises and animals sounds for Shelby. Thankfully, she finds all of this entertaining. She grins, kicks and even talks as Levi performs…all of which just add fuel to his performance! They’re so fun to watch. HPIM3231
At her 4 month well-check yesterday, Shelby weighed 14 lbs (90%). She is 26” long (95%) with a head circumference of 16.5 (75%). She is tall and healthy!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

first of all, that's such a cute picture of shelby and levi at the top of your blog! love it! and i love how shelby snuggles with her little blanket. that is adorable. and i thought the little quilt shelby is laying on in one of the pics is really cool. did someone make that for you?

Rachel said...

Hi! I am a friend of Sarah Williams and found your blog through her. I just recently returned to work after my baby girl was born in May. I'm pumping and so far have been only breastfeeding. I read you were taking fenugreek to keep up your supply. Do you mind telling me which brand of the supplement you are taking? I am hoping to keep pumping while at work and BF on the weekends, mornings and evenings.

Your kiddos are adorable by the way!

Rachel
rmdugger (at) hotmail (dot) com