Last week we had an opportunity to catch up with some of our dear friends from Waco. Elise and Aaron where vacationing at Galveston Beach. They invited us to join them for a bit…and boy did we have a great time!
This was our first time to Galveston. Being from Florida, I was excited about visiting the beach. I miss it! As soon as we stepped out of the car I was flooded with memories of home. The sea air, the sea breeze, the sunshine…Oh,there’s nothing like it! At that moment, my heart smiled. I felt all the cares in the world wash away. I able to relax and ready to have fun!
We drove down Wednesday morning and stayed through sunset. We played all day, ate well and enjoyed catching up with our friends. The kids did great. Levi had a blast playing on the beach, swimming in the waves and riding in the boats. Yes, this was little Shelby’s first trip to the beach. She enjoyed the sea air and the shade.
All in all we had a great day. As we were driving out of their little neighborhood, Levi said, “ I had fun!” Those little words melted my heart. You see, he’s never said that on his own. If you ask if he’s had fun, he’ll tell you, “yes.” But, this was the first time he expressed it on his own. And he was so sincere about it too. One for the memory bank for sure. Love that kid!
We’re thankful for our little mini vacation and quality family time. We’re also thankful for our dear friends and being able to stay in touch with them. We always enjoy their company. We’re so blessed by their friendship!
Now, on to pictures!
Levi’s lifejacket was a little big…but he managed!
True beach boy! Surfs up!
A thrilling ride through the waves. He enjoyed being pulled around in the water.
Shelby took a nap on the beach…THOSE ARE THE BEST!!
Put the shades on! We’re so pasty! But we did leave with sun! :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment