Growing Belly:
My belly is still growing! At my last Dr visit, which was at 33 weeks, my belly was measuring just at 34 weeks. I’m quickly running out of shirts that will cover my belly and pants that will stay up. I’m trying not to purchase any more maternity clothes just because we’re so close to the end. However, if this keeps up I’ll have no choice but to invest in a shirt or two.
The Hiccups:
Little Shelby girl has had the hiccups almost every day this past week. The first time it happened was around 3:00am. The little jumping rhythms woke me up. At first I wasn’t sure what was going on. Since I was laying on my side, I rolled over to give her more room…thought I might be crowding her. But the little jumps kept coming and then I realize…she has the hiccups! I laid there for the next 20 minutes with my hands on my belly, enjoying this little moment. My belly would have little pulses to it and she would kick every once in a while. Since then, she’s had them pretty much every day. They were happening during the night, but twice now, she’s had hiccups during the day. So sweet, but also a strange feeling.
The Nursery:
My goal this past week was to finish the nursery and by that I mean, have it organized, cleaned and ready if we needed it. I still have a few decorating things I want to work on, but for the most part its complete. Levi and I worked hard cleaning, folding clothes and blankets and hanging items on the wall. I love it!! Its cheerful, peaceful and inviting. I've found myself just sitting in the glider with my feet up enjoy the peacefulness of the room. We went with a garden theme.
This shot is the view from the doorway into the nursery.
** we are renting. so there's not much we're allowed to do with those fabulous white walls and awesome 80's vertical mauve blinds! --awesome!


5 comments:
Gasp. i LOVE it! i have a weird love of cartoonish birds. freaking adorable. you're an excellent nester Becca :) I hope that is encouraging, that a fellow Shelby loves it! well done!
your nursery really does look peaceful and inviting. and adorable!
34 weeks! you are so close!
It's such a sweet room! And I didn't notice the blinds until you said something....ha! I honestly love it though!
so cute! i love all the colors and birdies! can't believe how close you're getting. you seem like you're almost all ready for her. i still have a loooong way to go until we're ready. alittle overwhelming at the moment!!
Thanks everyone!! Its been fun pulling it together and I did most of it with sale items!! Love thrifty shopping. Now, it just needs a little baby.
Post a Comment