Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

26 weeks…

Yep, today marks week 26. I can say that I’m feeling pregnant! What I mean by that is, its the simple things that are becoming a bit more challenging due to my growing belly. For example: picking toys, shoes, or anything for that matter, up off the floor can quickly wear me out, sitting up from a laying down position is almost in possible now, trying to reach something from the top shelf is a big stretch and self pedicures and getting dressed are becoming a workout.

DSC07123

All in all, I’ve been feeling pretty good. My energy level seems to be on a little cycle. I’ll feel great for 2 or 3 weeks and then I’ll have a week were it crashes. During that week, I can’t seem to get enough sleep and feel sluggish all day. Currently, I’m experiencing a week of energy, clear thinking and full of motivation. What I prefer!

I’m feeling our little one bounce around a lot more. She isn’t as active as Levi, but still doing her part to let me know she’s in there.

We’ve been busy knocking out our to-do list as we prepare the nursery and Levi’s room—although we’re in the very beginning stages. We’re going with a garden theme in the nursery--where trees, birds and owls will be the main focus. This was my source of inspiration. I found this bedding and just feel in love with it!!

img86l

img57l

I’m just obsessed with those little trendy owls and song birds that are popping up every where right now. Love them! I love the colors of this bedding too—green, yellow, light teal. We’re not big pink people, so I thought the green, yellow and teal would still be girlie enough but not over the top. The final selling point for me was that I could by the pieces individually. With the way our crib is made, I just need the bumper and sheets. I purchased the bumper last week and I'm very impressed with quality. Now, I can use it to help me plan out other things for nursery.

Levi will be upgrading to a big boy furniture so his little sister can have the crib/toddler bed. We found a great deal on a dresser from Ikea last weekend and now we just need a twin bed. I’m still looking for bedding for his big boy bed too. Probably end up doing something in the area of transportation.

Overall, we’re progressing quit well over here. I feel like I still have so much to do, but I know it will all get done…it always does some how. We’re just enjoying this journey and trying to take every moment in, especially those with Little Levi.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

you look great! and i love that bedding! so cute! doesn't it feel good to get things checked off your list?!!