It's a GIRL!! On Monday, we had the mid-way point ultra sound done. I love being able to see the little one and watch her move around--so fascinating. She was being a bit shy. And of course, like the lady she is, she kept her feet crossed for a good while, making it challenging to verify the gender. Finally, we got a peak and yes....It's a girl!! And keeping with Ross tradition, she also hid her face behind her arms (we didn't see Levi's face until 36 weeks). Finally, at the end, we did get a glimps of her nose! But that was it. I wish I had a picture to share, but we received 2 and neither one are very clear.
From the beginning both Ryan and I have felt we were having a girl. We are getting more and more excited everyday. I will say, its been a shift in our thinking.....I mean, our little world has been all boy for 2 years. However, its hasn't been too hard to jump into everything girl. We've been sharing ideas about the nursery and room arrangements. I'm excited that I'll get to shop in the girl side of the store now....They always have 3x a many cute things over than then in the boys! We've also been brainstorming names. Well, we've been doing that all along, but now that we know its a little girl we can get down to business. No, no name yet. We have a few in mind, but still too early to share. We'll keep you posted! :-)
As I embark on 20weeks I am feel more and more myself. I feel pregnant for sure, but overall, I feel like I'm more stable emotionally and physically. Praise God! I'm feeling the baby move more and more everyday. I can't wait for her to start kicking and turning so Levi and Ryan can feel her move too.
Every time I journal, blog or share about this experience I can't help but be moved by how wonderful and awesome God is. I find myself speechless-- my heart overcome by thanksgiving and joy!.....and yes, I'm often moved to tears. I'm often reminded of Psalm 139, which I will close with. I know its a bit long, but I encourage you too really read and think about what the Psalm is saying! How amazing is this....That the King of Kings KNOWS and CARES so much for you, for me, for this little girl growing inside me!!
Psalm 139:1-18
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!
7 I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave,a]">[a] you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night—
12 but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to you.
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me,b]">[b] O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!


4 comments:
yeah, that is so exciting! girls are fun too! and you and your belly look great!
It is going fast, isn't it! You look great! I love your belly! You look cute and prego. I feel like I still just look pudgy. So glad you're having a girl!! They are sooo much fun and of course, so fun to dress too!
hi becca, i was the MBH comment. my friend had used the computer while she was here and i was still logged in under her name. didn't realize it until just now.
haaa...i've been racking my brain trying to figure out who MBH is...mystery solved! :-)
Post a Comment