Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Video Friday

15 Months!
26lbs. 13oz. 32"inches
I can't believe that little Levi hit 15 months yesterday. I'm loving this age. He 's so animated, observant and seems to be learning something new every time we turn around. This past week Levi added 3 more words to his little vocabulary (and when I say vocabulary, its more noisecabulary than anything. He has more noise/sound association with objects then actual words, but I know that's how it all begins.)

Levi's 3 new words:
1-"uh-oh" when he drops something or a loud noise occurs.
2-"ba" for bath. The other night I asked him if he was ready for his bath. Levi said, "ba" and took off to the bathroom. He does love his bath.
3-But the best word this week was the sweet sound of "ma-ma" Over dinner the other night Ryan was talking with Levi and pointing out "da-da", "ma-ma". Then, Levi said, "ma-ma" and looked at me. So so sweet. We clapped and cheered...which seemed to surprise him. He's only said it one other time since then.

Other New Things!
1-bottle free! We're completely done with the bottle! When Levi was sick last weekend, he wasn't interested in his bedtime bottle. So, we took this opportunity to wean him from it! He hasn't missed it one bit. It was just more a part of the bedtime routine then need. So, bye bye bottles!
2-Uses a spoon to feed himself. He now eats breakfast (oatmeal and yogurt) all on his own. He is such a proud little guy! A little messy at the beginning, but he has gotten much better.
3-Clean up! He enjoys putting his clothes in the hamper and the trash in the trash can. I'm telling you, he is a little orderly man. The other day when I picked him up from Mother's Day Out he was picking up pieces of paper off the floor and then tossed them into the trash can. I just started laughing. His teacher says, he's very good about keeping the place in order!

No comments: