Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day of School…

The kids have been in school for a month now. I figured it was time for me to post the pictures from their first day of school. Levi is in Pre-K this year. He goes to class Monday-Thursday. This year will be Shelby’s first first year of “school”. She meets with her little classmates on Tuesdays and Thursday. School hours are from nine till noon.

As we prepared for the first day of school (Monday, August 15th), Levi’s excitement grew. On the morning of, he jumped out of bed, got dressed and came down stairs with his back pack on. He was ready to go!

He was his comical self while I snapped pictures.

Lschoolcollage2

DSC09272

DSC09274

DSC09275

IMG_2574

IMG_2576

IMG_2583

He was so excited when we left him. He said good-bye and joined his new friends.

IMG_2587 HPIM4243

HPIM4239

Little Shelby Kat’s first day was the next day—Tuesday, August 16th. She was happy and walked up to the school smiling. As we approached her room, she become a little more concerned. As we walked into her classroom, she looked at me for some reassurance. I squatted down and whispered a little “it’s okay” as I patted her on her back.I handed Shelby her comfort item—her blanket. She then turned and walked towards the coloring table. I said, good-bye because I didn’t want to sneak out. She hugged her blanket and watched me step out of sight. As I stood around the corner, I did hear her fuss just for a moment. I waited a couple more minutes just to make sure she was okay…really to make sure I was okay! Another mom, that was dropping off her little girl in the same class, told me Shelby was playing and doing just fine. My heart felt better. Shelby is use to be in childcare at The Y and church, but for some reason, this was a little different…for me. Its school—her very first day of school ever!  My little girl! So proud of her.

DSC09289 

DSC09291 

DSC09310 

IMG_2607 

Copy of IMG_2605 

I’m so thankful for the little school we found. The teachers are wonderful—caring, friendly, and experienced. The school atmosphere is welcoming, fun and upbeat. Both of their class go to music once a week. Levi has chapel and Spanish class once a week as well.

Both the kids have adjusted very well to school and are thriving there. Levi enjoys being dropped off and picked up through the drive through lane. A teacher meets him at the car and walks him to his class. He's making new friends and is absorbing and learning so much. Already, he’s shown great improvement in writing his name. He’s learned how to write most of his numbers 1-10. He’s been working on sequencing, cutting and the concept of size (little/big). He’s so proud of himself and loves writing his numbers for others. Plus, the other day, he stood up on his slide and recited the Pledge of Allegiance word for word…I didn't even realize he knew that. Proud of my big boy!

HPIM4242

On Tuesday and Thursday, we park and all walk in together. Shelby and I walk Levi to his class. Shelby hugs and waves good bye to Levi. Then, Shelby and I head to her class. She now, just grabs her blanket out of her bag that I’m carrying and walks right in to her room. No hesitation at all. She’s excited to see her teachers and little friends. I say, a quick “good bye” and “love you.” Shelby just smiles and waves as she says, “bye” in her sweet little Shelby voice.  so Even in the first 2 weeks of school, her confidence has soared. Her teachers tell me she is such a happy, content and social little girl. One of her teachers said, “Shelby has just blossomed so much in the last few weeks!” I love hearing about how she has grown and how much she’s enjoys being around others her age and size. When I pick her up, she’s little miss chatter box all the way home—Happy-Singing-Smiling-Shelby.

IMG_2667

Shelby’s teachers posted some pictures on the wall at school from their first week of school. Shelby is in purple.

No comments: