Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Learning to Live

I can not believe its time to celebrate Shelby’s 1st birthday. I’ve found myself reflecting over her first year of life as March 3rd draws near. Honestly, how did we get here? Our little one. Our gift is turning one!
HPIM2891bw
2 days old

11mobw
11 months

Oh, how I’ve really enjoyed this past year. The sweet times of rocking, snuggling, caring for, this babe. Even the sleepless nights and earlier morning feedings where so specially to me. Just me and my girl spending time together. The smell of her freshly washed infant hair, her tiny toes, her cheeks, the way she nuzzles on my shoulder, the stretches after a nap, the squeals of delight, her spiky hair, the way she snuggles face first into her blanket…all treasured moments for me. I feel like time has just zipped by much faster this time around than with my first born, Levi. I tried to savior every moment I could.

If anything, this past year has really put life in more perspective for me, a mom. I’ve learned more about the joy of living in the present, to really be in the moment with my kids and family. The here and now. Yes, there is laundry, and dishes and dirty floor—all of which I could let consume my days and time!  BUT my little ones will ONLY be at this stage in life once. Oh, how I want to soak it all in, to have fun, to laugh, to make memories and give to my kids so they can soar.

To my sweet little girl~ My heart overflows with love for you. You are a treasure from Heaven, perfectly created, perfectly placed. Thank you for teaching me how to let go so that I can live more.

No comments: