Levi can…
…put on his socks and shoes and on the right feet too! All his shoes are Velcro or slip ones, no ties yet.
…get dressed. He still needs help with buttons and snaps, but he does try. About half the time his shirt will be on backwards, but for the most part he is pulled together.
…brush his teeth. He will load the toothpaste onto the brush and begin to brush. Mommy or Daddy do a follow up brushing before he rinses though. We have to keep those pearly whites in tip top shape!
This independence boost has also influenced Levi helping around the house.
Levi likes to sweep the kitchen floor. He especially likes to use the little broom and dustpan to clean up the “pile” of dirt and food scraps.
Levi enjoys helping mommy with the wash. I start the washer and measure out the detergent. He pours in the soap and loads the clothes in. After the
I’ve noticed as I’ve giving him more opportunities to try new things, to tackle a new task or to help out in new ways that he thrives more. He is happier. He is more confident. He is more willing to help. There is less resistance when it comes to following directions and his overall attitude is much better. Watching his confidence and his sense of self-worth grow has been such delight. Yes, my boy is growing up and with each new stage I have to learn to release him a little more.


No comments:
Post a Comment