Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ten Months!

Shelby rang in the New Year with a chest cold and teething. Over a course of a week she cut a total of three teeth—two uppers and another lower. Little Missy, has a total of 7 teeth now (4 upper, 3 teethinglower). She was chewing on ANYTHING she could get into her mouth. Plus, she was one snotty nose little girl—but still very cute and lovable! She did so well. She’s back to herself now and all smiles.

Shelby is pulling up and furniture cruising very well. For Christmas, we gave her a little walker to push. For the first few days, she would walk on her knees to push it around. Now, she stands and will push it five or six steps while walking. She’s still very wobbly and DSC09262unstable, but she loves trying. Turbo crawling is still her main source of mobility.

Shelby has started to wave. She waves when she is very excited about seeing someone or something. She  really doesn’t wave hello and good-bye yet, but she will wave at random times. So cute.

Shelby’s new interest is testing gravity. Or should we say testing how many times Mommy will pick up a thrown object. She is experimenting with throwing and dropping these days. A great game! She likes to launch her food and bottle off her highchair tray. Then she quickly peaks over the edge to see where it went. In the stroller, she likes to chunk toys over the side as we’re walking. I’ve even had to back track a few times to locate toys and socks. In the grocery store, its also a game, to throw toys out of the cart…and I even have them DSC09166chained in with the plastic rings. She’s unhooks the rings--toy and rings go sliding across the floor. All of which is followed by laughing and kick because she is so proud of herself. Oh, and lets not forget the car. Being the good mommy I am, I usually give her a toy or two when I load her in the car. Before we’re out of the street I hear them hitting the door. Levi is kind and hands her more toys...which, in seconds, are tossed in the air. This one is my favorite…when you  hold her to give her a bottle, once she is finished, she’ll throw her bottle.  She is calm and peaceful and then bam…she tosses the bottle. I’ve been the victim of the bottle toss a few times. It’s fun watching her explore. We do enforce the-three-throws-its-out-rule. I’ll pick up an toy two times and give it back to you, on the third toss it goes in my purse or the basket on the stroller. Sorry Sister.  Game over.
DSC09329
Shelby is doing very well eating. We have introduced a lot of new foods this month. She has taken to all of them very well and is gobbling everything up. I, honestly, don't know where she is putting eating-1it all. Some new favorites are grilled cheese sandwich, French toast, turkey meat, cheese, yogurt and cheerios. Still receiving 4 bottles a day, but I have slowly started to wean her from the mid afternoon bottle.

Shelby is exploring more and more,  but also  loves to sit and play with musical toys or her bother's Legos. She enjoys bouncing her ball and then bouncing with them. She is dancing and singing a lot more. Loves music and being sung too. At times, she squeals just for fun. I think she is liking her voice. She has started to laugh out loud more too.
DSC09331
DSC09303
DSC09111

No comments: