We kicked our Thanksgiving Holidays off by attending a Thanksgiving Feast at Levi’s School. They had a little program where the kids sang a few songs and then we all shared a snack together. We all had so much fun!
The room was decorated so nicely! The tables were set up with placemats and cute Thanksgiving crafts the kids had made throughout the month. Each class did something different. Levi’s class made little turkeys out of cups. They also my a “Thankful” placemat. On the placemat, they had listed things they were thankful for. Levi’s said, “I’m thankful for…my mommy, my daddy, for Levi and Chevy.” Now, Levi loves his cars and trucks, but he’s not quit into makes and model just yet. Sometimes in his excitement or shyness, Shelby comes out like “Chevy”. Although his placemat says, “Chevy” he is thankful for his sister Shelby!
This was Levi’s second little performance. His first was with his little school in Waco. They put on a Christmas program. Levi and his class were the sheep. At that time, Levi was only 16 months.
As we gathered to watch the musical last week, I was so excited. Levi loves music and singing. Throw in all his friends and it’s a party! As the kids marched up on stage, Levi was beaming! As he found his place, he searched the crowd over for familiar faces. He helped one of his best buddies find his daddy. Then is spotted us! He was thrilled! He excitedly waved, then pointed as he said, “that’s my mommy!” and “that’s my daddy!” Shortly after that, the show started!
[Levi’s hat was a little too big. Poor guy, had trouble seeing at some points]
Our little Levi played the rhythm sticks as he proudly sang! He was having a blast! As I stood there watching, I found myself getting a little emotional…which did catch me off guard. Nope, was not expecting that at all. My emotions were mixed. I was a very proud Momma as I watched him sing and play his sticks. But it was also another little reminder that my boy is growing up. I know he’s not running off to college any time soon, but watching him discover more of who he is moves me. Its exciting and brings me such delight, but I also want to hit the pause button on life so I can soak up ever minute of this age.
After they sang, the kids were released to find their parents. He was smiling so big as we hugged him and told him how proud we were! We had so much fun watching him perform and eating with his new friends and their families! What a great way to kick off the Thanksgiving Holidays!
Here are a few more pictures. Plus, I'm loading two videos. Check them out.
Of course, sister Shelby was there for all the fun too.
Hello Mr. Turkey
We Give Thanks...


No comments:
Post a Comment