Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Video Friday: Cookies and a Box

One of my favorite memories of Christmas as a little girl was making Christmas cookies with my mom and sister. We would cut out sugar cookies and then decorate them. It was always so much fun. We made a mess, ate cookie dough, laughed, painted cookies and somewhere along the way managed to get some cookies completed and tucked away in the cookie tin.

So, without thinking about it, making Christmas cookies has become a family tradition of our family as well. Since we’ve been married (6 years now), I’ve been making Christmas cookies. Nothing fancy, just good ole sugar cookies.

Last year, Levi and I made cookies together…or I made cookies, he played with cookie cutters. However, this year he really got into it. He enjoyed cutting out the cookies and of course eating the dough…I mean, lets be honest, its one of the best parts! We’ve already made one batch, which are long gone. I plan to make another batch next week.

Here’s a video of us making cookies.




In the previous post I mentioned that Ryan and Levi assembled a dresser for Levi's big boy room. If Levi wasn't helping his daddy sort and assemble, he could be found playing in the box the dresser came in. Oh, its the little things that make us happy. Why do we even by toys?!

No comments: