I can not believe that yesterday marked 30 weeks of pregnancy. Only 10 weeks left until my due date. I find myself experiencing many different emotions right now…but l-o-v-i-n-g this experience!
Christmas has come and gone. The decorations are put up, and the house is back in order I can say that my mind natural moves to the next big event on the calendar…Shelby’s birth. I have a to do list about 50 task deep—some easy and quick others more involved. I will say that nesting is in high gear! I can’t look in a drawer, a closet or shelf without the thoughts of “I need to clean this out", I could organize this so much better” or “I could get rid of half of this stuff!” The last few days have consisted of cleaning out and organizing. No worries, I have a handle on it. I haven’t let the nesting run wild!
Right now, I feel like I have NOTHING done. Rooms aren’t prepared. I haven’t registered at the hospital. We don’t have an emergency plan in place yet.I don’t have any clothes prepared for little Shelby or things set up for her arrival. We need to pull all the gear out and clean it up (infant carrier, bouncer, breast pump etc.)And the big one, making sure all Levi needs are covered and this transition is a smooth one for him as well. Ryan and I both feel the urgency to get things done. And I promise, we aren’t procrastinating! Its just taking a while to get things in place (especially, with Christmas in the mix). We are working towards having a lot of this done in the next 2 weeks, but sometimes that isn’t fast enough for me. I’m a planner, one who likes to be prepared, so there is some internal wrestling happening.
On the flip side of things, I feel very excited! I can’t believe in a few short weeks I will be holding our little Shelby. Pregnancy is such a beautiful thing, such a gift of life. At times, especially when I’m watching and feeling her kick and move around, I’m overcome by aweness. It’s challenging to wrap my mind around the fact that a little person has been growing inside and soon that little person whose been growing inside will be outside—in my arms! Only God. Only God could be the creator of such.
As for the BIG brother. He is doing well. In the last week, he has started to talk about the “baby”. He will point to my stomach and say “baby”. He likes to walk up to me and rest his head on my belly. He also enjoys leaning on “the pillow” I’m growing while we watch a movie or show. We just continue to talk about Shelby and what is happening as we naturally do things. I think he’s going to be a great big brother. He is so helpful and caring and he loves babies!!


2 comments:
haha! i just read your blog... it sounded a lot like mine! MUST GET READY FOR A BABY!!! We will have to chat soon... we ended up coming to p.c., so hopefully i'll catch you early next week.
Yea! 10 more weeks! You look great!
Post a Comment