Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Potty Talk...

We've been doing a lot of potty talking around here. We're gearing up for potty training time. We read books, talk about wearing big boy underwear, watch videos, and even practice sitting on the potty. There have been times Levi has asked to sit on the potty, so we do. Other times, which are really more random than consistent, we ask Levi to sit on the potty. Sometimes he's interested other times he could careless. So, we've been really causal about it.

However, last night was one of those nights he showed interested in the potty. I was preparing his bath water. Then I helped Levi take of his clothes, when I said, "Do you want to sit on the potty?". The next thing I know, he grabbed his little foot stool, sat down on the potty and kicked up his feet. He started reading some books. A few minutes later he said, "all done" as he got up and headed to the tub. I checked to see if he actually went....and YES!! Levi went pee in the potty!! We had a moment of cheering, clapping and high fives. He was so proud!! I was so proud! Daddy was proud! It was the first time he actually peed in the potty. We look forward to building on this success next week during Potty Training Weekend! Kick off is next Friday!!

No comments: