Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Super Savings Saturday!

I haven't really grocery shopped since mid June. Yes, I've made weekly trips for milk, bread, fruits and usually a meat item of some sort. Oh and an occasional run for diaper sales here and there....can't pass those up. Thankfully, we've been living off our little stock pile. Its been great and cheap!

Today at Kroger, they are doubling all coupons from $.55 to $1.00. (Kroger triples coupons up to .35 and double coupons from .36 to .50 everyday). I started clipping my coupons yesterday. Levi got up early this morning, so just after breakfast we left for the store. We arrived around 7:45. There were a few more people shopping than normal, but nothing overwhelming. What I found funny was that everyone was very quiet and focused with handfuls of coupons ...So fun!! We spent about an hour from the time we entered to check out (check out was a bit crazy, only 2 lanes open with people mega shopping=slow). However, what a success this trip! I saved $70. 74. Amazing!!!

Total bill (before store savings and coupons): $121.81
Total Savings: $70.74
Total out of pocket: $51.07

Once we got home and unpacked, Levi and I played outside the rest of the morning. He drove his truck around, we picked up sticks in the yard, played at the park down the street and went on a walk. While out on our walk, we came across a garage sale. I got to meet another neighbor this morning. She was so nice and has 2 sons. We did get to looking around. She had a bunch of infant clothes, toys and equipment. I was so excited when I stumbled across this baby monitor. It matches our set perfectly and works interchangeably. So, for $3 I picked it up. One less thing on our list of things we need for baby #2. What I really like about this is that I can just set it up and use 1 receiver in our bedroom--no double receivers on my nightstand! What a great find!! I still so excited about it!! (doesn't take much to excite me). Anyway, all in all a great day of savings!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

That is FABULOUS! I never save more than $20! Way to go you!

Liz said...

Don't you just love garage sales!