Levi got so excited! He is proud of his new freedom! We converted it for nap time so he could get use to it before bedtime. As Ryan and I watch Levi play in his bed we couldn't help but think
Funny story from the first night. Levi wakes up pretty consistently around 430/445 in the middle of the night. While in his crib, he would quickly go back to sleep. I was curious as to what he would do now that that he's in the toddler bed. Well, he did wake up as usual. He played and talked to himself for a few minutes. He kept saying "poo-poo" (which can mean a wet or a dirty diaper). My plan was to stay in my own bed until I knew he was out of his. Then, I hear the door on the changing table open (we keep all the diapers in there) while he is still saying "poo-poo". Know I knew he was out of the bed, so I went to put him back in it. When I walked in, I found in laying on the floor in the corner of his room trying to change his diaper. He was in the process of pulling his shorts off and few seconds and he'd been naked! Silly boy! I changed his diaper, put him back in the bed and that was the end of that. He went right back to sleep til morning and so did his mommy!
He's done very well and seems to enjoy being able to get in and out of his own bed. Sometime I just find him laying in reading a book or playing "choo-choo". Overall, this process has gone a lot smoother than I'd envisioned--Praise God! I guess the next big milestone will be potty training...


1 comment:
That's too funny that he actually fell asleep on the floor the first time in his toddler bed. They do grow sooo fast, don't they?
Post a Comment