First 5k!
I don't FEEL like a runner. I don't LOOK like a runner...however in my heart there is a desire to run. That desire moves me...I love to read about running, to hear stories about running, to watching people race. Wow, it gets me excited! You see, over the past 2 years I've attempted, desired, dreamed about becoming a runner. There have been way more starts then finishes, way more! But for some reason, this time it feels different.
A little over 5 weeks ago I began the training process again. I must say that this time I felt different. I felt determined to FINISH! Don't know how or why, but something was just different! Over a short few weeks I really began to enjoy my runs. I felt free even though at times I felt like I was dragging lead feet around. I felt alive, even if I couldn't catch my breath. I felt like I was overcoming....so much.
As part of my training process, I committed myself to running a 5k. Yesterday, I stepped up to my first starting line and completed my first 5k; The Best Dam Run inTexas. The race went well--Light hearted and fun. As I ran, I couldn't believe I was doing it. Some of you might say, a 5k is nothing, but for me it was something....It was life giving! I feel like I've gained ground back
on my life, found some hidden confidence rediscovered my athletic side and begin to experience another little passion of my heart.I must say this has been a great experience. I've learned so much about myself, running and just life in general. This is just the beginning. I plan to keep working on my 5k--working on endurance and pace.
I must send a shout out to all my dear friends and amazing family. Your encouraging words, advice, and interested have meant so much to me. You words and actions kept me going. But most of all, thanks to my amazing husband, Ryan! You rock! Thanks for making my daily runs happens, for all the encouraging words, and for being there at the finish line! Your the best of the best!
I DID IT!
Crossing the Finish Line
Crossing the Finish Line
I was 167 out of 239
12th in my age group
12th in my age group


2 comments:
becca! thats awesome! thank you for sharing. your discipline and endurance is inspiring. :) way to go!
HI Becca!
That's so awesome that you accomplished this. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm lucky if I can run for 3 min straight on the treadmill, I couldn't even dream of running a whole race!
Levi is adorable! I'm glad I found your blog so I can keep up with the Ross Family. You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment